- Watch the sunset over a breathtaking panorama from a secret spot that only locals know about
- Participate in a unique wine tasting event presented by a qualified sommelier and enjoy a three-course gourmet organic dinner
- Learn about the city’s past and present and see why “Zorbas” lived his myth on Crete.
- Explore the old city’s alleyways and discover the bohemian side of Crete, from funky workshops to cool cafés
- Sweeten your palate with an organic ice cream and savor some shots of raki, Crete’s best not-to-miss spirit
If you are a wine and food lover, you’ll be glad to know there’s plenty of it in Chania, as well as, mouthwatering sweets, strong spirits, and amazing sunsets. We will check it all out and more while exploring the fascinating old city, venturing through hidden back alleyways, discovering unique Instagram sunset spots, and enjoying local recipes in venues that only locals know.
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- Participating in a local wine tasting session paired with fresh local products, you support Crete’s regional farms and vineyards.
- By tasting an organic ice cream made from fresh local products and selected raw ingredients, you support a family-owned business.
- You also visit a cooperative that supports local producers directly and artisans directly
Let us introduce you to authentic Crete and our local traditions and customs by experiencing Chania like a local. Follow us on this late afternoon sunset tour through the old medieval town of Chania and the old port and discover all the hidden gems the city has to offer!
Begin your amazing tour by meeting your local guide in front of the Municipal Market, the locals’ main meeting point for hanging out. Being built more than a century ago, the also-known as Dimotiki Agora was established to celebrate Crete’s unification with Greece.
Through the windy cobblestone back streets, you’ll explore the lesser-known parts of the Venetial Old Port while hearing tales and myths about unique old buildings, famous locals, and rebellions, and keep in mind that although these stories sound like fiction, they are so real!
On your way, we’ll show you funky, alternative bars where you can hang out later, and visit favourite-local stores such as a cooperative that is dedicated to the preservation of locally produced crafts and edibles and supports local producers and artisans directly.
Then, you’ll head to a perfect vantage point from where you can enjoy the most captivating sunset with the old port in the foreground. Watch the sun slowly make its descent and post some of your once-in-life Instagram stories from here!
As you capture the last rays of light, we’ll roam through Chania’s labyrinth streets to a secret garden of a historic building for a local wine and food-appreciation feast. Participate in an exclusive wine tasting session of exceptional local wines with international awards, presented by a qualified sommelier, while pairing it with a three-course organic gourmet dinner. Here is the right place to learn everything about the Cretan wine varieties, and the Cretan cuisine, one of the healthiest worldwide.
For sweet lovers, you’ll be glad to know that after the wine tasting there is something more sinful on this tour: ice cream! We’ll introduce you to the most delicious ice cream ever, made from fresh local sheep milk, nuts, fruits, and other ingredients.
Your Chania by night tour wouldn’t be completed without drinking a nightcap in a local-favorite venue by sipping plenty of “raki” shots, our local spirit based on grapes, and mingling with locals.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to Crete.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, wine tasting, three-course gourmet dinner, ice cream, raki (local spirit)
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your guide