BEST OF SANTORINI PRIVATE TOUR
From April to November
Sightseeing & Food Tour
- Shoot your best photos and blow up your Instagram while discovering all the not-to-miss photogenic spots in Santorini
- Explore picturesque Oia and grab one of the best gelato’s on the island
- Sample local mezedes (our Greek tapas) and quench your thirst with a local microbrewery beer in the medieval Pyrgos village
- Enjoy dazzling views from the Venetian lighthouse, on the south corner of the island and discover the edge of Santorini
- Join a four-glass wine tasting session with Santorini’s exquisite wines & local delicacies in a winery with stunning views over the volcano and the Caldera
Get thrilled with the one and only Santorini by following us to all these places on the island that will turn your stay on the island into a unique, once-in-lifetime experience! Together, we’ll discover Santorini’s most photographed not-to-miss landmarks and other amazing settings through a food & drink-focused tour in authentic and absolutely Instagram spots!
Explore the most photogenic corners of the island, immerse in the endless white-and-blue of Greek culture and wake up your taste buds with unique culinary tastes of the local cuisine – and Santorini’s globally-known wines, of course!
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- You support local farmers and help preserve Satorini’s culinary traditions by sampling food locally sourced from Santorini and nearby islands.
- You visit 100% locally owned and run stores.
- At least one store on your itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally produced crafts and edibles.
- By visiting a local winery that follows traditional methods, you promote Santorini’s indigenous varieties of grapes and local ancient pruning techniques.
After meeting your local guide, you’ll start your exploration of fabulous Santorini with a walk around Fira, Santorini’s capital, to spot uninterrupted views over Santorini’s Caldera while your guide shares with you some of Santorini’s most ‘explosive’ stories!
Next, we’ll drive you to the most-photographed postcard location of Santorini, the captivating Blue Dome of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church. Do not get surprised if Beyonce or Lady Gaga takes selfies next to you! Either way, capture the best photos from here and blow up your Instagram account!
Later on, we’ll move to Oia, deservedly Santorini’s most popular village due to its breathtaking setting at the edge of the steep cliff and its distinctive characteristics. Wander around charming pathways with the picturesque whitewashed buildings and click photos from local-secret viewpoints while enjoying the best handmade ice cream on the island.
Continuing our tour, you’ll head to Pyrgos, an inland village that once was Santorini’s capital. Enjoy an amazing stroll around its pastel-coloured houses, blue-domed churches, and vineyards, while through its maze of laneways, you’ll walk all the way up to the top of the village with its medieval castle and the dazzling views over the island. Afterwards, going downhill to the village, you’ll stop at a shadded spot to relax your muscles and enjoy a platter of mouthwatering mezedes with local seasonal tastes such as tomato fritters, fava, white eggplant, Apochti (cold cut), and Chlorotyri (local cheese).
After visiting the Akrotiri Lighthouse, one of the oldest lighthouses in Greece dating back to 1892, that offers captivating vistas over the island, we will end our day in the best way we know, at one of the island’s most impressive wineries. Learn all about the world’s-oldest globally-known Santorini wines with the unique character and the harsh local cultivation techniques due to the distinct island’s volcanic conditions, and enjoy four glasses of local wine accompanied with a selection of local cuts and cheeses and mesmerizing views over the caldera.
Before we part ways, don’t forget to tap up your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to amazing Santorini!
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, transportation, sampling of local products such as ice cream, olives, cheeses, fava, tomato-fritters, local specialty tapas, local wine (4 glasses wine tasting)
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your guide